WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CUSTOMERS DO WE GATHER?
Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our Web site.
WHAT ABOUT COOKIES?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser, to provide certain features, and to allow storage of items in your shopping cart between visits.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
DO WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE RECEIVE?
We share information as described below.
- Businesses and Individuals: We work closely with other businesses and individuals, and we may share information about you with those businesses and individuals.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include providing Web site services, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
HOW SECURE IS INFORMATION ABOUT ME?
- Your information is protected during transmission by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- Only the last four digits of your credit card numbers are revealed when confirming an order. Of course, the entire credit card number is transmitted to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
WHICH INFORMATION CAN I ACCESS?
We give you access to information about your account and your interactions with us for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.